Tuesday 27 November 2012

Ta-Dah Tuesday - homemade pasta!

I posted a while back about a jumble sale find of amongst other things, a really nice pasta maker machine. It was missing a handle to turn and the clamp to keep it steady. I emailed the Italian company who made it and was able to buy the missing pieces from them.

I have always wanted to make my own pasta, I love a ravioli with spinach and ricotta in a sage butter sauce. But I have found it difficult to buy so I plan to make lots of it when I have spinach and sage in abundance in the garden. I may even make my own ricotta!

To start with I tried a faithful carbonara recipe with Jamies method of making pasta which could not be simpler 200grms '00 flour' and two eggs. You just mix it together, knead for 5 - 10 mins, Pass it through the machine 7 times to get the right thickness and then through the tagliatelle cutter.

Bob's your uncle! 


Throw it into salted water for 2 mins and its cooked.
My carbonara consists of as many rashers of bacon i have lurking around 3 or 4 normally which 
got cooked as I was passing the pasta through the machine. 
Into a jug I put an egg, some left over sour cream (from fajitas at the weekend) and  handful of parmasan.
I would also love to have a BIG bunch of chopped parsley but my parsley this year has pretty much failed.
 (I'm eeking out one poor plant because I flatly refuse to buy something that I should have growing in the garden.) So a few sprigs of parsley has to do.


All chucked in frying pan with a little of the pasta water......Ta-Dah

The homemade fresh egg pasta cost approx 10c per person! I used to buy Lidl egg tagliatelle for €1.69 and use half the box for a meal for three of us. (I would still recommend it) If I make this dish one more time I will have recouped my 'investment' of €1 for the pasta maker!

                                                    Easy, Quick, Thrifty and absolutely delicious.



                                                    Linking to Lakotas Ta-Dah Tuesday








10 comments:

  1. NOM! I adore homemade pasta, and it's been AGES since I amde any!
    Must recify!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never made my own pasta. Finding that machine, and replacing the missing parts, was a great investment, and your tagliatelle carbonara looks delicious! I am sure that home-laid egg made all the difference! How are Russell and his harem doing, btw? xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM!!!! My mom used to make her own pasta and it is sooooo much better than the store bought stuff. I'll be right over for dinner!
    Connie*

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks delicious.I have never had a go at making my own pasta, I allways thought it would be really fiddly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Thrift Bee
    That is FAB. I will definitely give it a go. Looks so delicious. YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks delish.I must say you sound like a good cook,as
    well you are more ambitious to want to make your own pasta,then spinach and cheese ravioli.

    You give Martha Stewart a run for her money.

    Take care.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh LUSH, I am such a pasta fan but am really not sure I could do this on a regular basis. Sorry it took me so long to visit all the posts on that week's link-up - computer problems and then forgot!
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. It really makes my day. I have removed word verification to make it less hassle. Sure don't I know yer not a robot!