Monday 11 June 2012

Thrift Share Monday


I spent the weekend, once again, buying and selling. Chaos ensued at the bric-a-brac stall at a lovely garden fete, goodness those grannies show no mercy.
 I have got to stop buying retro flasks. I am now officially a collector of them. I really need to sell some on. This Thermos one is for soup, complete with cork stopper and soup bowl, and whacky woven print on the tin outer shell.


I grabbed the coffee tin and asked if there was any more to match, the man beside me already had the Tea one in his bag. He very generously handed it to me. The condition is fairly ropey, but i wish he could see how well they match my new paintwork. Tea/Coffee canisters €1.50



Two floral trays.

 

Another cut glass vase for summer posies, and a silver plated cake server.

Possibly the most appreciated little find was a tripod for my camera for €1, I had been pricing these on line only last week, and although they are not expensive, it was a 'would like' item,  rather than 'we need' item so I had to wait for at least a little while to see if I could thrift one from somewhere. I didn't have to wait long!



16 comments:

  1. I just love the canisters!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeepppp- Those TRAYS! I flipping LOVE THEM!
    I really love all of what you have here, you must have some serious thrifty skills there lady.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat old Thermos!!

    I love the little cut glass dish - summer flowers are going to look so pretty in it....

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cut glass vase will certainly look beautiful fill with flowers. The canisters match your cupboards beautifully. Such wonder thrift finds. Always nice to find an item like your tripod that you want but really don't need at a thrifty price.
    Cheerfully,
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the colour of your kitchen units - and what a perfect match! You are so clever at finding things x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fab finds. Maybe you and my Jon should start a Thermos collecting club, he can't resist them either! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah - how lucky to find the color compatible canisters! Quite nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOh agree with comment above about your gorgeous green kitchen cupboards. Really lovely. The floral trays are fab too. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The color on the canisters is great... Nice paint job on the cabinets!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the tins and trays, i think id have bought them home with me too!
    Aqeela xx

    (i took part in magpie monday too)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the canisters! I would have gone for them, love the colour. The condition of them just lends to their charm.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the little cannisters, perfect match for your kitchen. The glass bowl is so pretty and will be just perfect for a little summer arrangement. Great bargains!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The canisters are fabulous! Such a lovely color!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, great info with my flower help - much appreciated. Great finds - love the turquoise canisters. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing! The tin color matches great very generous of him to offer it to you. Nice guy! Thanks for linking up at Cap Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the floral trays, retro thermos are so hard to resist!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. It really makes my day. I have removed word verification to make it less hassle. Sure don't I know yer not a robot!